- Please tell us about yourself.
I am Taiye Erhumwunse(Head of Meadow Hall Consult) a passionate educator and an avid reader and learner. I am an ardent believer in continuous professional development.
- What motivated Meadow Hall Group to establish Meadow Hall Consult?
Meadow Hall Consult, a subsidiary of Meadow Hall Group was established to respond to the learning gaps in the Teaching profession. The need to improve teaching skills of teachers and in all, groom 21st century teachers, birthed the establishment of Meadow Hall Consult.
Meadow Hall Group is an educational group with six subsidiaries; Meadow Hall Education, Meadow Hall Consult, Spring Meadow Edutainment, Meadow Hall Branchise, Meadow Hall Resources and Meadow Hall Foundation. Meadow Hall Group is passionate about the holistic development of children and her desire is to be known all over the world for S.A.M.E, an acronym that stands for:
S – STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics). We all know the importance of science and technology in the 21st century.
A – Advocacy- Advocacy in Education, which we hope to achieve through our Foundation and generally in ‘being the voice’ for Educators, especially in promoting and elevating the teaching profession in Nigeria.
M – Multiple Intelligences- this concept simply celebrates children’s core competencies, be it in academics or in non-academic endeavours.
E – Excellent Education- one which prepares the children and helps them adapt to the realities of life in the 21st century.
Our overall objective is to raise the quality and standard of education in Nigeria by providing innovative support to educational institutions and individuals through teacher training and professional development.
- What is Meadow Hall Consult all about?
Meadow Hall Consult is the educational consulting arm of Meadow Hall Group, which provides creative and innovative support to educational institutions. We are dedicated to our vision of raising the standard and quality of education in Nigeria. For over 9 years, Meadow Hall Consult has continuously provided up to date professional development training workshops and project management services in the education sector across Nigeria. The vision of Meadow Hall Consult is to train educational service providers in best practice.
We are committed to providing excellent training and consultancy services in the following areas:
- Conducting training workshops to enhance skill levels and ultimately increase productivity
- Organising retreats for Teachers, School Administrators and School Owners
- Teacher’s Club for continuous improvement and mentoring
- School Curriculum Development
- Development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), School Polices and Handbooks
- On-site Classroom Observation Feedback
- School/ Classroom Plan, Business plan
- School Structuring/Restructuring
- School Audit and School Assessment
- Recruitment Services for Educational Institutions
- General Business Advisory and Consulting
- Finishing School for Teachers
- Leadership Academy
- What are the key projects executed by Meadow Hall Consult?
Meadow Hall Consult has served as consultants on various projects, some of which include:
- Establishment of Hermann Gmeiner Junior Secondary School for SOS Children’s Villages, Gwagwalada, Nigeria
- Training of English language teachers in secondary schools across Lagos State through Eko Project
- The Meadow Hall Graduate Teacher Trainee Programme and Finishing School for Teachers
- And most recently, partners to the Lagos State Government on the Ready Set Work (RSW) Project.
- EDUCAMP: Educamp is an annual, 3-day residential training programme targeted at all members of the education sector within and outside Nigeria.
- What are Educamp and Edufair all about?
EDUCAMP is our signature brand training programme targeted at all members of the education sector. It has provided a conducive ambience for key educational stakeholders to network and share ideas on best and current education practices in the last 9 years. Annually, new and exciting courses, facilitated by seasoned professionals are put together for educators at all levels. The theme for EDUCAMP 2017 is “People, Purpose and Passion: The Pathway to Success”.
Running alongside EDUCAMP is EDUFAIR, a one-stop exhibition, which connects businesses to schools and showcases trendy educational products and services. It creates an opportunity not only to learn the best practices but also to purchase educational materials and services to implement them.
- Can you give a brief insight as to how the Meadow Hall Educamp and Edufair evolved?
The need for continuous professional development cannot be over emphasized. We also realized that creating an avenue where educational stakeholders can have the opportunity to shop for educational materials at reasonable value would be a plus to the programme.
- Can you tell us what you intend to achieve with Educamp and Edufair?
Our focus for EDUCAMP 2017 is for teachers and education stakeholders to go beyond superficially educating children, but to educate them with passion and also to create defining paths of purpose in them. School owners, school administrators, principals, head teachers, teachers and other education stakeholders will leave with rekindled passion for educating children who will tackle future challenges head on with grace and grit.
EDUFAIR on the other hand will give vendors of educational products and services the opportunities to meet key education stakeholders and reach out to untapped markets at this time of economic downturn.
- Who are the keynote speakers for Educamp 2017?
Some of the keynote speakers at EDUCAMP 2017 are:
- Mrs Kehinde Nwani(GMD/CEO, Meadow Hall Group)
- Mrs Ivie Okwuegbuna(SEN Expert/Assistant Head Teacher, UK)
- Mrs Folasade Adefisayo(Principal Consultant/CEO, Leading Learning Limited)
- Mr Lolu Akinwunmi(Group CEO, Prima Garnet)
- Mr Taiwo Akilami (Child Protection Specialist, UK)
- Mr Olatokunbo Opesan (Executive Director, Academic Affairs, Meadow Hall)
- Mr John Ofoesuwa (VP Pastoral Meadow Hall)
- Mr Joseph Aisida (Principal Consultant/CEO, The Orientation Project)
- Ms Rita Ekpenyong (Head Teacher, Meadow Hall Junior School)
- Who should attend Educamp and what are the benefits?
EDUCAMP is open to education stakeholders who are passionate about professional development and continuous learning. I strongly recommend EDUCAMP to School Owners, School Administrators, Principals, Head Teachers, Teachers, Parents and Educational Consultants. EDUCAMP is poised to equip educators with the necessary requisites needed to prepare the learners for the 21st century world and beyond; it promises to be an avenue for sharing education best practices that will improve the educators’ performance.
- Who should register for Edufair and what are the benefits to vendors and participants?
Corporate sponsorship opportunities exist for corporate sponsors to exhibit their products and engage participants during break session at the venue.
The programme presents great opportunity for organizations or individuals rendering educational services or selling educational products to register as a vendor. Edufair is a good channel to promote your business, connect with your target market and increase sales.Participants and other visitors will have an opportunity to buy educational products and resources that will transform their schools in the new session from a single meeting point. They will be saved from the hassle of moving from one shop location to another. All products at a discounted rate.
Attendance is free for all EDUFAIR 2017 visitors.
- Where will Educamp and Edufair take place?
EDUCAMP Lagos and EDUFAIR will hold at Meadow Hall, Meadow Hall Way, Alma Beach Estate, After 3rd Roundabout, Lekki-Epe Expressway, Lekki-Lagos
EDUCAMP Port Harcourt holds at Acorns and Oaks Academy, 11, Ambrose Ogbonna Avenue, Off Stadium Road, Behind Graceland School, Port-Harcourt
- When will Educamp be open for registration and for how many days will Educamp and Edufair run?
Registration is ongoing and closes August 25, 2017. EDUCAMP Lagos and EDUFAIR will run from August 30th – September 1st, 2017 while EDUCAMP Port Harcourt runs from September 5th to 6th, 2017.
- How can I register for Educamp and Edufair?
Interested participants can visit our website (www.meadowhallconsult.com) or log in
For Lagos participants – http://meadowhallconsult.com/edu-camp-2017/
For Port-Harcourt participants – http://meadowhallconsult.com/educamp-port-hacourt-2017/
- What opportunities are available to participants?
Aside the learning opportunity under a conducive environment, it serves other opportunities such as networking, experience sharing on best practices, gaining more insight on school brand management and a-one-stop shop for educational resources.
- When did you start Educamp programme?
Its first Edition was in 2009. It had over 200 participants in attendance.
- Has the programme been able to achieve its aim?
To a very large extent, EDUCAMP has achieved its aim of improving the standard and quality of education through 21st century training content and methodology. It has also being a networking avenue and an annual melting point for educators to get refreshed and fired up the new academic session.